Monday, November 13, 2006

Democrats Concede Presidency in '08

If you read the headline to this blog post you may be confused. No you have not missed a breaking news story on the Drudge Report or on your local news. I myself have come to this conclusion as part of my daily ramblings and musings which make their way onto my blog. I must give Drudge some credit for this post as I was reminded of comments made by Democrats while listening to his radio show. In the months preceding the election Democrats had made it a point to hammer Republicans on many things including their monolithic rule of the country. Democrats made the point that it is unhealthy for our democracy for one party to control everything. Apparently Democrats totally disregard the fact that democracy is rule by the people and the people of this nation voted to put Republicans in control. I guess the only conclusion to draw from the Democrats is that they will concede the White House to the Republicans in 2008 saving us the trouble and money of trying to get a Republican elected again. Democrats have recently gained control of both houses of Congress and it sadly looks as if they made hold on to them for awhile. So in keeping with Democrat logic as long as they control congress a Republican should be granted the presidency if an effort to keep the balance of power. It may shock you but I believe the Democrats were simply engaging in partisanship. They would have no qualms about controlling everything but when Republicans do it is somehow hedonistically wrong. I hope Democrats realize our democracy is set up to allow the citizenry, hopefully an educated one, to decide who they want in charge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elephant Man,
Well I'm hoping you are wrong about the Democrooks keeping control of Congress. I'm praying that in two years the people of this nation will see how far left these Dems. are. We must get control back in Congress and return to true Conservative roots.

adam j. said...

Anonymous I thank you for your response. It is good to know people are reading your work. I do hope the Democrat control is limited but it will only be so if Republicans heed the rallying cry. We as a party must unite and revert back to our Reagonite roots. If we do so we can eliminate Democrats from the majority and relegate them to political benchwarmers.