Thursday, December 14, 2006

CNN Uses F-Word

I was recently channel surfing the other day and happened to end up on CNN. I normally do not give CNN the time of day for obvious reasons, i.e. Clinton News Network. And believe me that monikor stills holds as true today as ever. Jack Cafferty happened to be on at the time I momentarily stopped on CNN and I decided to listen to what he was talking about. He proceeded on a long diatribe about Bush and blaming him for the death of so many American soldiers. It was quite clear to me that Mr. Cafferty was a cut and runner. I also realized that CNN apparently no longer feels the need to try and hide their liberal bias. One only has to listen to the words pouring forth from stodgy curmudgeons like Cafferty. At another point during the broadcast Mr. Cafferty made reference to its competition or rival the Fox News Channel. Of course to be considered a rivalry both sides need to be somewhat equal and by looking at the ratings of both channels we know that is not true. But to get back on point Mr. Cafferty did not refer to Fox by name but referred to it as the F-word network. I find it laughable when I come across these deep held aggressions aimed at Fox. Routinely you can find Keith Olberman tearing into the likes of Bill O'Reilly. I wonder why these individuals feel the need to trash their competition. I would assume a large part of it would be jealousy. CNN and MSNBC continually place behind Fox News in the ratings. Maybe they feel by attacking Fox they will garner more support for their network and take down their competition. But those individuals fail to observe one key point, they stink. One only has to watch for a few minutes to know that CNN and MSNBC are still playing in the minors waiting to be called up to the major leagues. It is fine for these supposed news network to be liberally biased as much of the media is. But do not insult our intelligence by claiming to be an unbiased news source. After all CNN is the network who felt it necessary to air essentially radical Islamic propaganda and give relevance by talking to David Duke about his involvement in the Holocaust denial conference. It comes down to this Fox News is the standard and the rest is just televised fish wrap. I mean who would you rather get your news from Brit Hume or a former ESPN flunky?

No comments: