Sunday, December 17, 2006

Time Picks You

Well the time has finally come for Time Magazine to announce their person of the year. And what do you know it is not a person at all per se but many persons. Time has picked you as the person of the year. That's right all of us are the person of the year. It is quite surprising that I would be picked person of the year considering I have not done much. Much hype has been put on this year's Time person of the year and I got to say I am kind of disappointed. I think Time took the easy way out by simply making the American citizen the person of the year. They spend countless hours around a table debating the pros and cons of many candidates and this year they simply pick you. I am not saying that you out there across the fruited plains do not deserve such an honor. I am sure many of you have made a worthwhile difference in the world this year and deserve the accolade. I am just saying that out of all the newsmakers of the past year the editors at Time decided that you are the most deserving. I will admit the choice was not what I had anticipated. I could have accepted Barack Obama the politician du jour as the media eagerly looks to crown him the next president. Or how about YouTube which has become such a phenomenon and keeps Comedy Central relevant. But if not these then how about another choice. I wonder if the folks at time ever considered selecting the American soldier as the person of the year. I really could think of no one more deserving as those who give their all sometimes their lives to defend our freedoms. I don't know about you but that qualifies them in my book. Instead you have been chosen as the person of the year. You who voted the Democrats back into power and you who in increasing numbers turn your back on the war on terror and the fight to preserve our way of life. I am not saying you did not deserve to be person of the year but maybe it is worth asking what did you really do this year?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I considered myself as the professional in this theme, and did not think that I can find in the Internet something new. But having come on your site, I have understood, that I know nothing and it is necessary for me to study and study as much as possible.
- www.the-right-stuff.blogspot.com j
spaghetti alla carbonara

Anonymous said...

Au revoir, good luck in your business!
- www.blogger.com y
spaghetti alla carbonara

adam j. said...

Thank you for all your comments I really appreciate it. I look forward to more of your comments in the future.